Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The River of God

"There is a stream whose runlets gladden the city of God, the holy dwelling of the Most High."--Psalm 46:5

I am so delighted to spend this time with you, My Lord and My God. My heart sings when I think of coming here to visit with you. How I love you and thank you and praise you. You alone are good and you alone are the God of the Universe. I adore you and love you with all my heart.

I have always felt drawn to water and streams of water. You can tell by looking that my photographs often are of water. You are the River of Life to me and I am drawn to you. There is no life without water and there is no life without the water you provide, water which will quench the thirst of the soul and make it grow. I read with interest today's reading from Ezekiel. The river begins only ankle deep but by the time they are done measuring, it is a river which cannot be crossed except by swimming it. And the trees which grow on it are nourished by its stream always. So must it be with you, my Lord. You nourish us always, causing us to grow in all seasons. We might now be aware of the growth, for it is slow as during the slow hibernation of winter, but growth is there, just beneath the surface waiting for the warm sun of spring to bring it into full bloom.
I also mention this day the stairstep climb that brings us closer and closer to you. I mention it because you commanded me to earlier today. I feel as if I climb the stairs seeking nearness to you and that I ever climb and climb and often cannot see that I am making progress in drawing nearer to you. I hope the progress is real and that I cannot determine it at this point in my life, but real nonetheless.

I am the River of Life and all who drink from me will never thirst. You are most blessed because you do drink from this river and because you do draw near to me, even though you may not see it. I see it and rejoice that you are drawing nearer and nearer to me. Keep on climbing for you will see God. You are much loved. Be not afraid. I am with you, guiding you and guarding you. All is well. Go in peace, my sweet one. I love you.

No comments: