Friday, March 14, 2008

My Fortress

"I love you, O Lord, my strength.
O Lord, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer."--Psalm 18:1

I do love you so mightily, my King. How good it is to read these scriptures which try to describe how wonderful it is to love you. This psalm continues later with the words, "In my distress I called upon the Lord and cried out to my God. From his temple he heard my voice and my cry to him reached his ears."
I know that you have many times heard my cry of distress and I thank you for answering me, even when my fears seemed pitiful to you, you still answered me, calming me and giving me strength to go on. I know there have been times when I could not have continued on if not for you.
It bothered me greatly today when the wife of a co-worker came into the store and was passing around a card to others, but not to me. It is times like this that I am so glad I am leaving this place of work. They are so often so cruel to me without thinking anything of it.
Help me Lord to forbear their cruelty and to forgive them when they so exclude me.

I do love you so, my child. Do not fear this seeming cruelty. You have been thinking that perhaps it has something to do with you and perhaps you are correct. Do not judge what you do not know. Turn the matter over to me, trusting that I will indeed hear and answer your distress. You are not alone in anything, my sweet child, ever. I will always be with you to help you and guide you. Do not be afraid of this or any other thing that may distress you. Call upon me and allow me to love you and show my love for you.

No comments: