Monday, March 10, 2008

Casting the First Stone

"Let the one among you who is without sin cast the first stone."--John 8:7
This has always been a favorite scripture of mine because I can identify with the woman in the scripture who is brought before the judge. I have always felt a bit victimized by those whom I know and think that the woman was victimized also, by her situation and by her own actions. I certainly know that my actions have not produced the results I want in my life and to a certain degree I am victimized by those. But I also think it appeals to me not because I am the victim, but one of the people who judge when I am not without sin myself. I so often think I am the one being hurt but do not always consider the hurt I cause others by my own actions.
I need to re-evaluate what I do and how I think of others, especially when I am prone to judge them. I need to have more compassion and be less judgemental of them.
I am so angry now with one of the people I work with. I have been thinking he is the one being judgemental and perhaps he is but I also am being judgemental in how I think of him. I just realized tonight that perhaps he feels abandoned by me even though I have considered him to be the one who abandoned our friendship.
Help me to forgive him and to reach out to him, even if he did abandon our friendship. I think he has always judged me harshly and I only now am realizing it. Lord, help me with this person. Help me to give him something that he needs and that you want him to have. Thank you Lord for always hearing my prayer and for always forgiving me for my past sins and judgments. I love you. Help me to love you more and more.
Do you know, sweet one, how it hurts me when someone judges of another and also sins themself? If each person would concern themself with removing the sin from their own life and not worry about the sins of another, the world would soon be brought to me. Your friend does judge you harshly and has abandoned your friendship. I know it hurts you and yet I say to you, forgive me and be not afraid of his judgement. I will deal with the false judges, as I did with Susannah in the Old Testament reading this day. Trust me to vindicate you and I will do so. Focus only on removing the sin from your life and pray for this person. Pray that he may be blessed according to his need. I will deal with the rest.
Go in peace and do not fear. I am with you and I am your God. He cannot hurt you. I protect you and uphold you. You are mine. I love you.

No comments: