Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Using our words against us



Today's reading from Jeremiah about the dangers of being a prophet for the Lord speaks to my heart, even though I rarely have the courage to speak out loud my convictions that the Lord is using me to reach out to others.
I am particularly drawn to passages about how the prophet's enemies are plotting against him...keeping track of his words to use against him.
It seems like this happens alot today but by the media against politicians. They use recorded words to make their points about a particular candidate, to the point of selectively using the candidate's words. I wonder how many of us could be "hanged" by our own words if every word we spoke was used as the media sometimes uses a politician's words.
I grow increasingly concerned about our world and particularly about the Muslim tendencies of the world when I read of how Muslims are doing this or that in other countries. Lord, please bless and protect our country and keep it for yourself. You are Lord and King of the Universe. Help us to remember that and to speak it out, even if our words are later used "against" us. We must develop a greater willingness to speak out our love of and for You and to express our deepest belief that you indeed are the King of the Universe and King of all Nations. Grant me courage to fight against the growing tendency to allow others to proclaim their gods to Your detriment.
Forgive me for not doing a better job of my Lenten sacrifices and bless me with continued perserverance. I thank you, Lord, for your blessings.
Thank you also, Lord, for allowing me to see the lunar eclipe this evening. I thought for awhile that we were socked in with clouds and would not be able to view this gift of your heavens.

Hello, my sweet one--
Thank you for making the time to write this evening even though you are tired. I do appreciate that you changed your mind about just doing a quick draft post and going to bed and have instead done a regular posting. Thank you also for doing the second day of your novena prayers. You will be blessed for such obedience.
As you become more and more aware of the tendencies of others to proclaim their gods, you will develop the strength and wisdom necessary to battle for me. Do not fear the outcome...it has already been decided. It was decided on the cross when I died to redeem mankind from all their sins. Do not doubt that the victory has been won. Yes, each generation must decide for itself who their god is. Know that you will be granted whatever you need when the time comes. Pray for all but do not allow yourself to be caught up in the "all religions are equal" meme. You have one God and that is Me. Feel free to proclaim it to whomever needs to hear it. I love you. Go in peace.

No comments: