Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Cause and Effect of Disobedience

Tonight during my prayer time with my prayer partner we discussed original sin and it's inherent effects upon the human soul. It is obvious to each of us that sometimes the human soul shows the effects of original sin...how otherwise to explain the choices a person makes?
And just after discussing this very cause and effect example, I was ready tonight to forego my stated vow and retire without writing something on this blog.
As I was lying there, trying to justify myself and my decision to get to bed--too tired, etc., the Lord allowed me a tiny glimpse of the effects of such a choice. And while I do not claimr to be perfect or good, I do know that choosing to go to bed without doing what I have promised and what the Lord has been prompting me to do would result in effects of which I would not be desirous. The effects of disobedience can be far reaching and we may not have any idea how those decisions will affect generations of people down the line. I do not think Eve would have chosen to eat of the fruit of the tree had she been able to see the effects even upon me and my chldren some thousands and thousands of generations later.
Thank you, Lord, for the jolt this gave me into getting up and writing tonight. Forgive me for even considering not doing what I have vowed to do for you this Lent.
Thank you for the oasis in the desert of my prayer times with my prayer partner. Thank you for the nourishment this gives to us.
My dear and beautiful child--
Thank you for reconsidering your choice. The benefit given you that Eve did not have is that you are born after Jesus died and rose from the dead, saving you from sin. Mankind does not often pause to consider the effects that disobedience to my Word has upon the human condition. Thank you for stopping to realize your actions may have future consequences and for doing something to rectify it. Yes, you can be forgiven for the commision of sins. I much prefer it if my children do not sin in in the first place. Go now in peace and finish your novena prayers of this evening. I love you and bless you

No comments: