Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Journey's Second Day

"He is like a tree planted near running water,
That yields its fruit in due season,
and whose leaves never fade.
Whatever he does, prospers." Psalm 1:3

Those words from today's readings are what jumped out at me. It is a hopeful sign for me, in that I felt the Lord speaking to me, telling me that by planting myself at my husband's side and in our business (which just happens to be on the banks of the river) that we will yield much fruit and also prosper the work of our hands. Of course, the words apply to those who listen not to the counsel of the wicked but delight in the Lord and I hope that is who we are.
I truly feel that I am called to do this by the Lord, or perhaps it is in response to my prayers for a new mission.
I will tell my boss tomorrow that I am leaving and it will be difficult. I have been praying for a number of days and wrote out what I want to communicate to him. I have changed it numerous times but feel the Holy Spirit guiding me in what to say. I will take it to Church in the morning for the final blessing before I break the news to my boss.
As I think of the Lord's words, however, I am much comforted by His concern for me. He knows how difficult it is for me to let go of the security this job offers me and step out in faith to work with my husband. Yet, I am filled with joy and so looking forward to it. I know that God has plans for me and I am just beginning to realize it has been me who has been holding things up. The answers to my prayers have been awaiting action from me. The Lord must sometimes want to slap me upside the head because I can be so obtuse.
Yet, when I quiet myself to listen, I find he has been speaking all along. Thank you, Lord, for all your many blessings.

Thank you, my child, for your joyful obedience. It is so much more pleasant to take along a willing, joyful child than one who constantly fights the way we are going or whines and complains about the difficulties of the journey. Make no mistake, there will be difficulties and days of no comfort or joy, but your reward for obedience is great and you will be much blessed by it. Remember, we are heading into the wilderness for days of fasting and penance before the joy of resurrection.
But, I am happy you have agreed to come along on the journey. I am glad you want to know me better and will show myself to you as we journey. Be not afraid. I am with you always and guiding you in the way I want you to walk. Do you trust me?

Oh, my Lord and King,
Yes, I do trust you and thank you for choosing me to walk with you. I hope I will not weary you when things do get tough. I worship and adore you, my God and my Lord. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the way you have chosen for me.

No comments: