Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Finger of God

"But if it is by the finger of God that I drive out demons, then the Kingdom of God has come upon you."--Luke 11:20

This was in response to the accusations leveled against Jesus when he drove out demons and the people accused him of using the power of Beelzebub to do so. He asks them by whose power their people drive them out and then says the above.
It must have sent a chill into them and gave them pause, if only for a moment, that perhaps he was the Messiah.
But, they didn't want to let go of their comfortable notions of who the Messiah was or to hear what Jesus had to say to them. He challenged them on all levels and still they did not hear him.
I pray Lord, that I will hear you and not harden my heart. I pray that you will give me your Holy Spirit and his many gifts that I might be a single sharp instrument doing the job you require of me when you need it done. Help me to not be so obstinate in what I think and want that I do not hear what you are really saying to me.
Thank you for your many blessings to me and help me to pass them on.

You are precious to me indeed. Keep on working to do the things you think you must do and I will continue to bless your efforts. Do not be afraid and do what you need to do. All is well, my sweet one.
Go in peace to love and serve the Lord.

No comments: