Monday, February 11, 2008

Cherishing grudges






"Take no revenge and cherish no grudge against your fellow countryman." --Leviticus 11:18




Among today's readings, this verse stood out for me because I think I often do "cherish" a grudge. At least that word seems particularly apt when describing why I want to hang onto certain burdens of which the Lord is asking me to let go.


Why do I have such a difficult time, unless it is because I "cherish" them?

Once again today I am having trouble obeying and falling back into old habits. I must do better tomorrow.

Forgive me Lord, for my transgressions against you and help me to do your will.

I love you and want to follow you. Help me to be more obedient and forgive me when I am not.

Help me to not cherish grudges.


Dear one--

You are learning, even on days such as this when it seems you are making no progress. Know that we journey together into the depths of the human heart which may be termed an untamed wilderness and know that I love you and company with you on this journey. We will indeed find what you are looking for and you will become the person I want you to be.

Fear not.

No comments: