Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Learning humility

Oh my Lord!
I felt so humiliated last night at a class for lectors. Today, I am humbled.

Things I thought I was doing correctly to honor you as a lector turned out to not be correct or properly done.
I felt humiliated because even though no names were named, it was obvious to those attending about whom Father was speaking.

It is a little thing and yet it has caused me no small amount of consternation.

Yet, in further contemplation, I realize it was the gentle touch of my Lord and Blessed Mother in allowing me shame that I might learn mercy and true humility of heart and mind.
Oh my Lord. I needed this lesson in humility so very much. I do want to share in your divine life and I realize now that I had to shed this attitude in order to cleanse my soul of all that is not worthy of you.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: