Thursday, February 15, 2018

Listening to the Heart

"If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will save it." ~ Luke 9:23-24

The question put to me is:
When you listen to your heart, what are your deepest desires?
How is God the fulfilment of those desires?

In years past I have been passionate, even desperate, to share with another that great gift of heart to heart conversations. 
When I first realized how God had allowed me to listen to the heart of another, it was a special intimate time that I only later came to see as a gift from the Holy Spirit. 
I would like to put this special gift into better use. That is one of my deepest desires although I have no clue how to do that. 
I must surrender that to the Lord and trust that He will guide me. 
As for my daily cross?  More contemplation is needed as to what that is.
After thinking on it, I realize that my daily cross is procrastination and addiction to news blogs, which take up valuable time.
Time that I could spend doing those chores I so need to get caught up on.
So, beginning tonight...another fast and tomorrow, a goal of accomplishing something. 
Thank you, Jesus, for showing me how to carry my cross.






Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: