Thursday, March 01, 2018

Distortions

How distorted the concept of love has become in recent years.

I really dislike that when reading about past concepts of love and devotion my thoughts are tarnished by cynicism due to the constant promotion by our culture of the sins of the flesh: homosexuality, rape, adultery. 

I know these sins have always been a part of our fallen human nature, but I dislike that when reading something that is perfectly innocent from past ages, my first thoughts are cynical and cause even a whiff of doubt  about the goodness of saints to enter my mind.

Yet, Christ died for us. For all of us.

He died for the sinners turned saints; the fallen whom He has redeemed by His most precious body, blood, soul and divinity.

"He does not come down from Heaven each day to stay in the gold ciborium. He comes down to find another Heaven He cherishes infinitely more than the first, the Heaven of our souls, made in His image, living temples of the Most Blessed Trinity!"
— St. Therese of Lisieux, p. 31 Meditations of the Little Flower
Thank you, Jesus, for wanting to live in my soul, for helping me to cleanse it of anything unpleasant to You.





Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: