Friday, February 09, 2018

From anger to love

"No foul language should come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for needed edification, that it may impart grace to those who hear.
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with which you were sealed for the day of redemption. All bitterness, fury, anger, shouting, and reviling must be removed from you, along with all malice. And be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving  one another as God has forgiven you in Christ." ~ Ephesians 4: 29-32

Oh my Jesus, please forgive me for the anger I have harbored in my heart this past day over things I felt were aimed at hurting me.
Holy Spirit, please do not depart from me for I do not wish to grieve you by the bitterness and anger that had taken over my heart because of the incident.
Oh God, almighty Father please grant to me the graces I need to comport myself with dignity and love when confronting those who have aimed their anger and fury at me.
And dear Blessed Mother, thank you, thank you for directing me to the above scripture passage when I asked you for help.

To be honest, in my prayers for help I was more like the Apostles who asked Jesus  to rain down God's wrath on those who did not recognize their worth instead of praying for those who hurt me. But, Blessed Mother saw how ugly my heart was and directed it to the above passage.
I don't know where my life is headed, Lord, but I thank you for the grace to have my heart filled with love instead of anger and wounded pride.
I also pray for the two women who are in my heart this day, that I might be for them a beacon of love, drawing them to the safe harbor that is your church.






Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: