Tuesday, February 20, 2018

New Discoveries

"...the-best-version-of-yourself is not something you choose, it's something you discover." ~ Matthew Kelly, Best Lent Ever, Day 6 commentary

What are my unique talents and abilities, Lord? Please help me to discover who I am.

At some point today, I was gifted with a different view of circumstances that have been gnawing at me. A discovery of something....

The sense of relief was so palpable to me that I did laugh out loud. Mostly at myself for being such an idiot that I never considered alternate possibilities when I was stewing over this circumstance. 

My thought now is that my heart and/or soul are in possession of some piece of knowledge regarding the whole situation of which my brain isn't completely aware. This is because I am not sure of the situation..just that there are alternate possibilities which somehow aren't as frightening as the one I initially envisioned.

I recognize God's care of me in this whole scenario...that is what is also so delightful. 
It doesn't matter to me which of the alternates it eventually ends up being, because I do recognize and am totally certain of God's loving care of me and the deepest desires of my heart.

Another interesting facet is that I was prepared, like Abraham, to sacrifice my most beloved desire. The relief I felt today must be akin to what Abraham felt when he was stopped from sacrificing his beloved son.
It is comforting to know that God does not yet require me to sacrifice what is precious to me.
It is also humbling to discover that I am capable of doing so.
Lord, you are my God, my Master, my Savior, my Friend. I will strive to be obedient to you. Help me when or if I should falter.
Thank you!




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: