Friday, December 07, 2007

The Light of the World

Winter is upon us in full force and it is always a comfort during these dark and shortened days to remember that the Light of the world is coming soon.
Thank you, Almighty Father, for the love of your son and for all the blessings you have poured out upon this world. Forgive us for the sins we have committed against this most wonderful and gracious love and inspire us to do better and to recognize you when you are among us.
The daily readings showed that you can give sight to the blind. Make me see, Lord, your goodness and love in my life and all that I have to be thankful for. Make me see what I can do to help spread you love into the unlovely places of the world and grant me the graces I will need to get it done. I know I have been so blinded by my own selfish wants and desires that I so often overlook your presence right before me. Forgive me for that and help me never to look past you again.

I have had inklings about the new direction you are taking me and I hope to be prepared for it but I am not sure if it is your will or once again, my own will, and so I pray that I might always know and do your will. Help me to do what it is you need of me and not to fear or doubt. I love you.

Precious Child-
How I love you. You have always been precious and beautiful to me, even when you have spoiled the goodness of your soul by ugliness. Do not fret about anything for I am your God and I am King of the Universe. As the Psalmist has said, "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom should I fear?" You need not fear anything, my sweet one. I have all planned for you and as long as you are obedient to the commands of your heart that I place in our home of love, you will be doing my will. Do not doubt that I am with you, guiding and guarding you and leading you to where I would have you. Be at peace and rejoice for your salvation draws nigh.

No comments: