Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Disappointing my Friend



Thank you Lord, for the blessings of this day. Thank you for shielding me from hurt when I discovered something about the son of a friend and how that knowledge pertained to me.

Forgive me for trying to excuse myself from the committment I made in my heart to do this for you as a gift. I had thought to excuse myself because I have been so tired lately and was just going to go to bed without writing a little something to you today. But you kept after me until I got up and I am delighted that you did.

I don't know what you have done in regards to the matter that has so plagued my thoughts lately but I do know that you have done something because of the lightheartedness I feel in my heart. Whatever else you have done, you have also lifted the burden of it from me and I give you thanks and praise. I am so sorry that I was only thinking of myself--especially after you have done this deed for me. Forgive me, my friend. I apologize to you for not keeping to my schedule. I will strive to do better.

Do not fear, Little one, I am with you still. You listen to me in the depths of your heart and that is such a gift to me that you cannot know. I was disappointed that you sought to go to bed without our nightly conversation, but I am happy that you have risen to spend this time with me before retiring. You are in training and will benefit much from this time spent with me. Go now and rest. Our day today begins early. Thank you for being my friend.

No comments: