Sunday, December 02, 2007

Dec. 2--Advent begins

Hello my Lord,
Today is the beginning of Advent, the season when most of the country is celebrating Christmas but when Catholics are preparing for Christmas.
According to Catholic tradition, the beginning of Advent is a time of penance and preparation for the coming of the King.
The Christmas season begins on Christmas and lasts until the Feast of the Epiphany, in January. I think the 12 days of Christmas actually begins on Christmas and then lasts until Epiphany. Somehow we have gotten away from that..due mostly to marketing for goods merchants want to sell before Christmas. I hope we can focus on you this year...I hope I can focus on you.
Anyway, I am excited to begin Advent preparations this year.
For many years I have agonized about what to get people who really don't care about me. I have worried and stressed about pleasing them. However, Lord, you have freed me from this desire.
My thoughts lately have been about moving in a totally different direction from where I am now. I have actually had those thoughts for quite some time, but recently I have begun to act on them, as I feel inspired by your Holy Spirit to focus on pleasing you.
I offer these new impulses to you, my God and my King, and hope I am not being selfish in my desires. I pray that you are actually you revealing your will to me. I have begged you for a change in my life and now that I have begun to act, I am confident and filled with trust that you will indeed bless my efforts at living out your will.
I am not sure what the new direction will bring and I have so much to get caught up on from years of neglect, but I hope you will guide me and inspire me to do what will be best for me and my family.
Thank you for all your blessings. I have so often tried to give you a gift of my talent and time, Lord and have so often failed. As I prepare for your coming this year, let my gift to you be perfected in your love, Lord and please fill me with the grace to complete the intents of my heart to be obedient to your will as well as to be gracious to those who hurt me.

Good evening my blessed child-
You are precious and beautiful to me and I am once again looking forward to the gift of your heart. Please know that I will bless and use this gift as I have used it previously. Do not fear but trust in me as you have in the past. Remember before when you wanted to accomplish something and trusted me to grant it to you as long as you were obedient to my will...do you remember how sweet the victory was? I have so much in store for you and I can scarcely brook the delay. I am overjoyed that you will be walking with me as you prepare for my coming. Do not fear...I am with you and protect and guide you.
Please open your heart to receive all the blessings I have in store for you.

No comments: