Saturday, December 17, 2016

Third Saturday of Advent, 2016

The temperature today was below zero or slightly above as a massive cold front swept into the area.
It brings to mind the prayer of St. Andrew
"Hail and blessed be the hour and the moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe I beseech thee, oh my God to hear my prayers and grant my desires, through the merits our Lord Jesus Christ and of his blessed Mother. Amen."

I don't know if it was as cold as it is here and now, but I do know that spending even mildly cold night outside, with only the warmth of animals would be terrifying.
That it seems to have been done so peacefully is a miracle and blessing. 
That angels sang the Gloria that same night is another wonder and so is the shepherds coming to pay a visit to the newborn King of Kings. At midnight, in piercing cold as well. Away from their fires and warm camps.

Oh, my Lord. You are wonderful indeed. Thank you for thinking we are worth saving, worth dying for, in spite of all our failings and faults.

I praise and adore you my God! You are awesome.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: