Thursday, December 22, 2016

Fourth Thursday of Advent, 2016

Contemplating today on Christmas and Christmases past, I am struck by the differences I feel this year compared to past years.

Many years I agonized about what gifts to give and stressed so much about it when the giving of gifts I thought and prepared so lovingly were met with indifference, if not outright dislike.

This year, I have not stressed, but merely enjoyed each and every moment of picking and choosing gifts for those whom I love.
And, if they don't appreciate them, then so be it. I will not take it personally.

I have always comforted myself when my gifts are rejected  with the comparison of humanity's rejection of your Christmas gift, my Lord and my God. 
You gave us the ultimate gift at Christmas..the gift of yourself, of your son.
And so often, we have rejected it. How sad for us, Lord. And how oddly comforting to me..that you know and feel this rejection that has so devastated me in past years.
So, I thank you, and give you praise that you have experienced what I have experienced. I pray that you will allow me to further share in knowing and loving you..whether it means loving acceptance and gratitude or rejection.

Help me to have a truly blessed Christmas, according to your will, my Lord.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: