Thursday, December 01, 2016

First Advent Thursday

Losing Angelina 

I have lost a granddaughter, my sweet Angelina. She lives across the country with her mother, my husband's estranged first wife.
We have not heard from her for some months and so I texted her today to inquire about what she wants for Christmas.

I think her mother intercepted the message, however, as she has in the past. She said she just wants money so she can buy what she wants. Fair enough.

I told her what I want..a letter and some photos. And she is too busy to do that and cannot afford to print pictures.
So, I gave her my blessings and prayers and wished her a Merry Christmas.
And I will not be sending any money to her this Christmas. 

In years past, I would have stewed and fretted about such an apparent breach. But this time I realize there is no way to combat Angelina's mother other than via prayer. She has always been greedy and is either teaching her daughter such tricks or isn't even allowing Angelina to see the texts. 
Either way, I don't think I am obliged  to put up with such disrespect. Nor am I obliged to send Christmas money just because Angelina is my granddaughter.

Ah, Lord. I do not think this pleases you and I would very much like to please you. Forgive me for any bad decisions I am making in this matter.
I do ask that you bless Angelina and her mother. Pour out your blessings of love and grace upon Angelina and her mother.
And keep me from spiritual smugness.






Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: