Monday, December 05, 2016

2nd Sunday of Advent, 2016

"O Lord, you have searched me and known me!You know when I sit down and when I rise up;you discern my thoughts from afar.You search out my path and my lying down,and are acquainted with all my ways.Even before a word is on my tongue,behold, O Lord, you know it altogether.You beset me behind and before,and lay your hand upon me.Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;it is high, I cannot attain it."

This is the Scripture passage I am meditating upon in my study and practice of Lectio Divina.

Lord, that you know me so well..every thought and every move I make and still love me is humbling. That you are associated with those things, because I am yours, is even more humbling because they are not worthy.
And that our Mother is also associated with the lowest thing I do or say is something that I can be ashamed  of, when my motives are impure.
Yet, that knowledge is "too wonderful, too high," according to the Psalmist. 

It is the knowledge that I am not worthy and am small and mean that keeps me from conversing with you in our heart of hearts. Or keeps me from believing it is you that I am conversing with. It is easier to think I am talking to myself or to someone else, rather than you.

Don't be afraid little one. I love you. I forgive you. Yet, I want you to begin to live this truth deeply for it is the union with me that will enable  you to be who you are meant to be.
Go in peace, sweet child. We will learn to walk with one another. You will learn to have the faith that will enable you to hear and do my commands. 

Thank you, my Lord. I love you. 


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: