Monday, December 26, 2016

The First Day of Christmas

As I was praying today, I realized that in all my concerns about what gifts God would bestow on me that I forgot to give my life and love to Him.
I always intended that my blogging would be the gift I gave. And it is truly a poor gift in that I did not take the time to compose it rightly, often doing so only between commercials because I felt I must get something down. Often times it was done during the wee hours of the next day, instead of for the current day of Advent.
Ah, my Lord. How I have failed you, in most everything.
I also had a bad..as in selfish..moment when my son and his wife did not give us anything. Not even a card, although they did bring lots of food.
So, here I am on the First day of Christmas and I desire to know and love you more than I ever have, my Lord and my God.
Please help me to give you today the gift of my life and whatever talents and treasures might delight you.
You are my Lord and my God. I treasure and cherish our moments together. Help me to always stay focused on you and to live my life ever more in accordance with ways that please you.
So, here is the first offering and it includes a photo of the tree that I love, even though it us artificial and white. I find it beautiful and peaceful and I rejoice in seeing it lit, especially at night.
Thank you, my Lord and my God. Help me to give you what you want from me and not to disappoint you.






No comments: