Saturday, December 17, 2016

Third Friday of Advent, 2016

"But I have testimony greater than John's. The works that the Father gave me to accomplish, these works that I perform testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me." ~ John 5:36

My Lord, in a previous passage from this chapter of John, you state that you come not to do your will, but the will of the Father.
Here, you state that the works you do are testimony of that. Or that you are able to do miracles because it is the Father's will to do them.
Such words speak of a Father concerned about the minute details of my life, the lives of each person. 
Such a thought is staggering to me when I consider how little I am valued by the leaders, movers and shakers of this world.
I am nought in the sight of the powerful of this world.
Yet, when you do miracles in my life (and you have done many, for which I thank you and praise you), it is because I am valued by you, that I have some purpose I can accomplish for the Father, for You, for the Holy Spirit and all the angels and saints who are so precious to me.
I fear that I am such a disappointment to all of you. 
Please help me to become who you want me to be so that I can do the Father's will.

It seems, my dear child, that we frequently have this conversation. You have said it, you are valued by our Father, and me and the Holy Spirit. You are valued by my mother, to whom you have consecrated your life. You are valued by angels and saints that you have befriended.
We all want you to accomplish the Father's will in your life. 
We await with great expectation the day when you will simply start doing it, not being afraid to step out in faith. 
We long to help you.
It is you who delay. Begin tomorrow and we will help you.
Be not afraid. Be filled with joy for it is true. We love you.

Thank you, my Lord. 


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: