Friday, December 23, 2016

Fourth Friday of Advent, 2016

This afternoon I feel such sadness. I don't know why, but I am filled with regrets over things that are no longer as they have been and sadness and regrets over things I have failed to do.
In praying the Christmas prayer of St. Andrew, I have been praying for my family and their needs. I have failed them so, by not imparting to them my deep and abiding love for you, my Lord.
I think if they had faith, they could more easily weather the spiritual storms besetting them.
I am sure each of my children has regrets, too, about things that were but no longer are..
And that causes me sadness, too.
Our only hope is the salvation by our God, the newborn King of Kings.
Forgive me for my failures to choose secular things before you, my God and help me to find Christmas joy.
I love you, in spite of my failings. Please grant to me what I need to be your most dedicated, loving and humble servant.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: