Saturday, December 31, 2016

Fifth day of Christmas, 2016

Feast of the Holy Family, Dec. 30th

One of the first things I learned about Jesus was that he spent most of his life in a family.
He was a preacher, a rabbi for the last three years of his life, but the rest of it was spent with family. Most of it was spent among family.
Because I don't think that humankind has changed much in 2000 plus years, I imagine there was fun, laughter, tears and arguments but mostly love in his immediate family and in his extended family relationships.
Because it was THE Holy Family, there may not have been as much argument as in other families, but I suspect that Jesus learned much of his understanding and compassion of being human through the very human family interactions he experienced.
Although I didn't appreciate it at the time, the very holiness of family life with Mary and Joseph was such a gift to Jesus and to us.
Oh, thank you Blessed Mother and St. Joseph for teaching our Lord about our humanity and to be the best person he could be.
And thank you, Sweet Jesus for sanctifying your home life with Mary and Joseph so that they could provide you with the love that you first gave to them.
What a joyous circle of life! I thank you and praise you!





Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: