Thursday, March 02, 2017

Resisting, March 2, 2nd day of Lent 2017

One of the Lenten practices I am undertaking this Lent is the "Better than giving up Chocolate" sessions by Matthew Kelly of Dynamic Catholic.
When I first listened to yesterday's session, I wasn't sure it applied to me. I couldn't think of anything I resisted.
Then I went to Ash Wednesday services.
I felt an urge to stay after Mass and pray the Rosary. I resisted the inclination to do that.
I felt an inspiration later in the day to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and the Rosary at 3:00.
I resisted those urges as well.
I resisted an urge to do my reading of preparation for my re-consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary and to do my Lenten blog post.
So, those are some of the things I resist, even though doing them makes me happy.
Lord, please help me to surrender each day to You and not resist when You want to lead me along ways that will bring me happiness and joy.
In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: