Saturday, March 25, 2017

Feast of the Annunciation

Re-consecrating myself to Mary

Today is the day the church celebrates the Annunciation of the Archangel Gabriel to the Blessed Virgin Mary, when he asks her to become the mother of the Son of God.

As Fr. Robert Barron so aptly puts it:

"The real spiritual life is about allowing oneself to be overwhelmed by the one who loves us. Mary is someone who is ready for the impossible, and this makes her the paradigm of discipleship. "Let it be done to me according to thy word." That's an acquiescence to adventure."

What a great thought to ponder on this day, which is also my day of re-consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary. 

I pray that someday I might say with the same enthusiasm "Let it be done to me according to thy word."
I begin and then I balk, thinking that I might be asked for something beyond me. 
So, I also pray that I might be granted the trust in God's will that Mary has. Amen.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: