Sunday, March 19, 2017

New Perspective

I had a bad moment today when I realized that something relating to a social media post might have caused anger or pain or in some way deeply hurt someone I care about.

All I could do,  in my angst, was to fall on my knees, beg God's forgiveness and offer Mass for him and for any others who might have also been affected by this activity of mine.

How different my reaction was from a few months ago when I used posts deliberately to hurt and mock people who disagreed with my views on politics or religion.

"Pray with great confidence, with confidence based on the goodness and infinite generosity of God and upon the promises of Jesus Christ. God is a spring of living water which flows unceasingly into the hearts of those who pray."
— St. Louis De Montfort

I hope that my prayers have been efficacious for those whom I have hurt or angered. I offer my prayers for all of them and ask that God's mercy, love and forgiveness continue to be poured into my heart. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: