Friday, March 09, 2018

Stripped bare

"Like the disciples, we need to strip ourselves of all that gives us a false sense of security and leaves us feeling like we can control our own lives. We need to leave behind the notion that we are in charge and that we can trust in ourselves, and instead trust solely in God. 
As strange as it sounds, what we need most is to seek insecurity. That's the way Jesus went on his journey. That's the way the great saints lived. And that's the path we must follow as well. It is only when we have nothing to lean on ourselves that we will be forced to lean on God in a way that we never knew we could. That's what Jesus wants." ~ Lenten Meditation by  Br Casey Cole, OFM 

Asking what Jesus wants of me has given me the above answer. He wants to send me out with nothing so that I might learn reliance on Him, rather than myself.
Lord, please grant me the grace to desire what You want for me. Amen


Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: