Friday, March 30, 2018

Easter Triduum; Good Friday

Good morning, my Lord!
I know You are currently being held, awaiting the moment and hour when the Jewish Sanhedrin will confirm the death sentence upon You that they determined was the sentence for Your "crime."
Even though they held Your trial during the night, illegally according to some, the Sanhedrin must pronounce the sentence during the daylight hours. 
Galling to them, they must also get approval from the Roman Procounsel to carry out the sentence and it is because of this that You will be crucified, the Roman method for executing criminals.
Last night, while I held vigil with You, I asked what You wanted from me. I have given You, through my Consecration to You through Your Blessed Mother, my life and yet I have not yet given to You what Your most Sacred and Holy Heart desires most..my time.
Admittedly and with sorrow for my selfishness, I had already asked You for the desires of my heart. Forgive me for always being so selfish. 
I resolve to do better this day and on future days with whatever time remains to me. I give You not only my life but my time.
I know I haven't always done well with my obsessive desires for viewing old tv shows and movies and more recently with news blogs. None of those are more important to me and I firmly resolve, with Your assistance, to give my time and attention to You instead. 
I ask Blessed Mother for her help in this matter as well. As we stand with You at the foot of the cross where You poured out Your life for me, I resolve to do better this day. One day at a time.
I don't want to stand before Your Resurrected holy Person and have You tell me that I preferred those things to You.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: