Saturday, March 10, 2018

The Joy of Confession

"If we dedicate more time to prayer, our hearts will reveal the lies with which we deceive ourselves, and we will find true consolation in God." ~ Pope Francis

It was with great joy that I received cleansing today in the sacrament of confession. A powerful healing and a much needed re-boot at this midway point of Lent.

Fr.   told me to continue to seek the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit with my special gift from God. It didn't dawn on me until later....sheesh will I ever "get it"...that he was referring to the gift granted me at Christmas..that of "heart to heart" conversations with those I love. 
Such a stupendous gift that I somehow forget in the light of day, so to speak. 

Thank you, my Lord and my God for Your continuing love and mercy. Thank you for your many blessings on this desert journey.
I love you. 

"In tribulation immediately draw near to God with confidence, and you will receive strength, enlightenment, and instruction."
— St. John of the Cross




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: