Friday, March 16, 2018

Do not be afraid

So often I hear in the depths of my heart, "Do not be afraid." 
I often wonder, my Lord, of what am I afraid? And why do You tell me so often to NOT be? Am I so cowardly, so craven that I must hear it often?
Or, is it because I have no idea what is to come and it's Your way, Your gentle way of reminding me that, in essence, "You've got this?"

A reminder that whatever comes, I am merely to trust in you?

That is such a relief, but at the same time it also brings up the question..."What am I getting myself into?" 

Then, I hear You gently chide me, "It doesn't matter, my child, for I am with you wherever you may go and whatever you may 'get yourself into.' That is why I constantly remind you to not fear. I am there beside you and I can handle whatever comes OUR way. Oh my sweet one. Be at peace knowing you are Mine and knowing that I love you mightily."

Oh, my Lord. Thank you for loving me, thank you for forgiving me, thank you for dying for me and thank you for rising from the dead for me.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: