Saturday, March 24, 2018

Mission

A meditation on St. Catherine of Sienna today states...
"Out of her periods of contemplation, she reached out in spiritual letters to 
Enlighten and instruct others."
"Catherine understood well the realities of the world, but used her spirituality, intelligence and skills as a writer and reconciler to assist the church in her time."

This comes in answer to my question: "What is my mission, Lord?"
It seems quite hubristic to me to think I can enlighten and or instruct anyone about anything but then I am reminded that it won't be me but the Holy Spirit in me who is doing both.
I felt something at Mass tonight..a quickening of my heart as we heard the Passion of our Lord. Just faintly, a hint of something so much larger than myself. 
Rightly I should be concerned with You, my Lord and Your Passion. It was more real to me than it has been in the past, but I was still focused on the strange feeling in my heart.
Blessed Mother, please take me heart and give me yours that I might live your Son's Passion as you did.

The other thing which was interesting to me, given my predeliction for being consumed by the news is the following, which was also one of my meditations:

"Use today's news headlines as a springboard for meditation."

Lord, I love you. Help me to love you more.





Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: