Saturday, March 31, 2018

Easter Triduum, Holy Saturday

"Have I lost the joy of the marvel of the first encounter with Jesus? Today is a day for listening."
~Pope Francis from The Hope of Lent

Before Easter Vigil Services 
Indeed as I reflect on my life, except for moments here and there, I have lost the joy of my marvelous first encounter with Jesus. I do want to experience it in its fullness this Easter. I want to meet "the Bridegroom of my soul" again this Holy night.

After Easter Vigil Services
I thank you and praise You, my God and King, Bridegroom of my soul for granting to me such stupendous gifts this night.
I wrote the meditation verse earlier on this day, before I had gone to Easter vigil services on this night. Before you granted to me once again the joy I have been missing. 
It was such an affirmation because everything I have thought before was once again proven true. 
It is so incredible to be of one heart and mind with others of this wonderful faith community you have blessed here in our valley.
I know now that when the time comes for the light of Christ to be exalted and adored during the days of darkness that there will be the Bridegroom of my heart to help me and be with me.
Thank you, sweet Jesus, for your life, your love and your peace. They are the most precious gifts You have shared with me and I am awestruck by Your love.
Amen. Hallelujah, hallelujah!





Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: