Sunday, October 26, 2008

Love in a Sunset

The Love of God expressed in a Sunset

"I love you, Lord, my strength." --Psalm 18

The Psalm responsorial for today's Mass jumped out at me during my daily prayers. Father's homily about finding God's love in a sunset or a neighbor were particularly apt as well.
The photo was taken last night after Mass--I went on Saturday--and it seemed to me like an exclamation point to Father's homily.
God's love for us is all around us--truly it is in all aspects of nature that I love so well, in addition to being found in the people I love and cherish.
What is a little more difficult for me to grasp, but as true as his love in things which please me, is that his love is made manifest in people I don't love and cherish. I really need to work on seeing God in all things and people, especially people that I am not particularly fond of.
So, my dear Lord, my friend, my savior--I ask you this day to make me more open to seeing your love in all people and things and circumstances of my life. I have so many blessings to be thankful for and I do thank you for them. Please remind me when I am feeling less charitable than I am now that I need to see you in that grouchy man or woman who may need to experience you in me as much as I need to see you in them.
Also my dear friend, please bless Father John today and in the coming days as he faces a particularly daunting challenge in his life. He is a kind and loving person and I know you love him and are in him. Please help him through this difficult time that he may come through this challenge stronger and better able to love you and the people causing him such grief.
Thank you Lord for Jade. She has been an inspiration to me this past week and I suspect you brought us together for a reason. Help me to find that reason and to act according to your will regarding her. She is blessed by you, I can see that, and I admire that so much.
Thank you, Lord, for all your blessings.

My dear one--
Thank you for taking the time to listen to my still small voice in the midst of your busy life. You are precious to me for this time we share together. I do love you and guide you and guard you in all things. You must not fear to go forward, trusting that I am guiding you and leading you in the way I want you to go. You have many gifts that I have blessed you with and sometimes you do not always use these gifts. You have a tendency to want to hide them under a basket, so to speak, and I need for them to shine brightly so as to help my other children. There is nothing to fear. I will be with you always and giving you whatever you may need in any particular situation. So, go fearlessly into the future, sure of my love and companionship if you are sure of nothing else. You are a gift to me and I love you and cherish you. Do not disappoint me by hiding the gifts you have been given or the gift that you are to me. All is well, my sweet one. I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOWWWWW................
You have no idea how your words have touched me and in their own way, they have answered my questions of late. God is an Awesome God and He works in such mysterious and amazing ways. I am always touched by a sunset and would love to send you one of mine!
This however is my frist "Blog" and I'm not sure how to do that?!
ANyway, I want to thank you for your letter.....Out of ALL the blogs I could have gone to, God lead me straight to yours!!!
I love your prayer and will refer to it daily..... I love the positivness of it and consider it a blessing and an answer to many questions.
God Bless you....