Friday, October 10, 2008

All is Well



Looking back on this photo from spring, I am reminded that winter is nearly upon us. We are expecting our first storm of the season this weekend and it should cover the mountains like the photo posted here.

We have had an extraordinarily beautiful fall--lovely calm days with no wind and nice temperatures--cold in the morning but warming later in the day. I love this time of year and hope to get out again before winter truly sets in. Usually we have a winter storm but then the weather resumes to fall conditions. I'll try to get some photos uploaded today and tomorrow showing the difference.

I am so thankful to live here and for all the many blessings God has bestowed upon us. We truly live in a remarkable country and I live in a remarkable section of this remarkable country. My prayers of late have been for the upcoming elections. I truly hope that candidates who support life win, from President of the U.S. all the way down to local city and town council candidates. Lord, I know you are so grieved by the destruction of innocent life---at all stages. How do we get people to see the correlation between the ills of society and abortion? How do I tell people that abortion--more than any other factor--is responsible for the degradation of our society? It is a root evil that must be stamped out in order for our country and indeed the world to survive.

On another note, I feel so foolish that I didn't realize I could post from my computer at the shop...I actually thought I had to post from my computer at home. So much for being computer literate. I need know to know how to do more stuff and hope to pick up on things again now that our summer business has slowed down.

Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful bounteous summer we had this year. My first of working with my husband. It is such a delight to be here and working for you and for him. I hope to do more for you as I learn to listen more carefully to the words you speak to my heart. Help me, Lord, to hear and to obey.

My precious child--

I have longed for this time we spend together and missed you this summer as you found your footing in your new environment. You are precious to me and I am delighted to bless you in this endeavor. I know you want to do more for me and I am guiding you in the way I would have you go. You must trust me in this regard. I know you feel as if it has been a long time since you have felt the ectasy of my touch on your spirit nerves and indeed you have been distracted. It is not that I do not wish this for you...I wish for all my children to feel the wonder of my presence as you have felt it.
I am telling you I long to shower my blessings and the fullness of life on you. I only wait for you to recognize it and then the delight will come as will the direction. Do not fear, my little one. You will get there and be there when I need you to be. You are progressing, albeit slowly.

Take each day and offer all to me, as you have been doing. Then wait for me to guide you. Trust your instincts as being from me. I am with you and will not lead you astray. I have much work for you to do. Be at peace and come, follow me.

Thank you, my Lord and my King for all you do for me. I will strive to do better in the things I know you are calling me to do. I am so grateful for all you have given me. I wish to know you better myself so that I may delight in sharing you with others.

Sweet one--

All is well. Do not fear. I am with you and guide your comings and goings. Be at peace, sure in the knowledge that I am with you and am guarding and guiding you. All is well. Believe it and rejoice in it. All is well.

No comments: