Friday, December 22, 2017

Advent, Day 20; Mary's Magnificat

"My heart exults in the Lord, my Savior." ~1 Samuel 2:1

This verse makes my heart sing, literally, as I hear it proclaimed. Thank you, Lord, for your Blessed Mother and for her Yes!

In today's Gospel, Mary proclaims what the Church has come to call her Magnificat..the beautiful prayer of her fiat, her yes to the request to be Your Mother.

Oh, how humble a picture this paints of you, my Lord. You, who could command anything in the universe, humbly send an angelic  messenger to ask Mary to be the ark which will house the Word made flesh.

And, in her Magnificat, she rejoices in telling her relative Elizabeth about this wonderful event, which is coming ever closer as Advent draws closer to it's conclusion and we enter into the Christmas season.
Praise God for His wonderful loving care of us.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: