Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Advent, Day 2

"For from Zion shall go forth instruction, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem. He shall judge between the nations, and impose terms on many peoples." 
~Isaiah 2:3

The scripture verse that leaped out at me from today's readings is this one from Isaiah.
At first, in reading this passage, I wasn't aware of the personhood implied by "For from Zion shall go forth instruction and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem."

It took the next verse to show me that the Word would be judging nations and imposing terms. 
Because Jesus is the Word, it is He who will go forth from Jerusalem, filled with the Holy Spirit to give instruction in the Father's will and to judge nations rightly, imposing terms upon them.
The phrase "imposing terms" implies to me that the nations will be surrendering..."terms of surrender."
That filled me with hope because it is further prophetic evidence of the victory that will be won by the Babe that is coming soon, the Babe of Bethlehem.
Praise you, Lord, one God in three divine Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.




Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

No comments: