Monday, December 04, 2006

Advent day two--A forgotten moment

I began the day with high hopes for catching a glimpse of the Lord somewhere in my day. I had hoped to find him at a time when I could stop and enjoy his presence, but my day began in a rush--I got up late and had to rush through my morning prayers. I was busy at work and didn't find the time to stop and catch him in a moment when I could enjoy the moment.
So, I used a photo taken previously and find I can see him in the splendor of this magnificent sunset. Perhaps I didn't need to find him at all because he has always been there, just as he was here in this photo but I didn't recognize him at the time.
So often, I feel I must overlook him in my life and all I can do is try to do better on this journey. Thank you my Lord and God for such moments. Thank you for inspiring me at the time to catch the moment in a photo, even if I didn't recognize you at the time.

No comments: