Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Advent Day Three--Sheltered

I found the Lord in so many moments today. It was incredible for me to know that it was He giving me "inside information" about people I know and love. I recognized immediately it as a gift from you, my Lord and friend. It was so cool to know about a certain person's motivation here and about a possible move there. I even recognized you in my husband's drinking.
It was a reminder that I need to be about your business...doing what you would have me do and not wasting my life on meaningless things.
I have spent too much time doing the things I need to recover from and I don't need to spend time worrying about whether or not my husband will manage to overcome his addictions. I need to work on my own faults and failings. The reminder from you, however, was much needed and I thank you for it. I also thank you for the moment of feeling sheltered.
The moment came during my walk as I was wondering what to give you today. As I walked, I remembered this shelter house. I recognized you in the moment you chose my route for me today, as I normally do not walk past this historic monument. The shelter it provided to travelers past and the shelter you provide me daily give warmth and comfort to any day and I thank you for your sheltering love and care of me. Thank you so much for this day and for the moments of finding you in it and in all.

No comments: