Friday, March 07, 2014

Thirst for Souls

Oh my Lord, I do want to draw closer and closer to you.
I have been preparing for Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
My preparation includes meditations from"33 Days to Morning Glory," by Michael E. Gaitley.
Today's entry was on Mother Teresa and her letter about a turning point in her life.
The words Jesus spoke from the cross resonated deeply with her.
"I thirst."
He thirsts for the souls of his Beloved Children. She also thirsted for them. The Lord graced her with such a thirst for them that she did mighty work throughout the world.
Yet thirst is an uncomfortable state. And Jesus thirsted from the Cross, where he was dying.
He loves us that much.
I, too, want that thirst for souls. I want to share in Jesus' love for His children and help draw them to Christ.
Lord, please take my paltry offering and use it how you will. I am yours.
The photo today is of the fresh snow on Elk Mountain.

No comments: