Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Gluttony gets me again

I thought I was doing well today in my Lenten observances.

I spent most of the morning either in prayer or spiritual readings.

I have a "Liturgy of the Hours" book that I have tried twice before to make a daily habit. It has never worked out for some reason or another.

Yet, this Lent I felt called to find it and begin praying with the universal church.
I am finding it easier than ever before. 

I am also preparing for Marian consecration on March 25, the Assumption.

I have Lenten meditations coming directly to my email.
I went to Mass and thought that I was making pretty good progress in my journey through Lent.

Then, after I got home from a luncheon date with my husband, I couldn't stop snacking.  It was gluttonous.

I am ashamed that I experienced such a binge of non discipline.

How am I ever going to make it through fasting when I displayed such lack of control?

Oh my Lord! Was it because I was so busy patting myself on my back for my prayerful morning that I opened myself up to attack? I was being prideful.

Forgive me, my Lord for all my follies.

Help me to receive the gifts you want to share with me.
Help me to open myself to interior prayer.

Lord, help me to be who you want me to be.

No comments: