Thursday, December 02, 2010

Take Refuge in the Lord: Advent, Dec. 2, 2010

Snowfall in Winter


Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
for his mercy endures forever.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord 
than to trust in princes. -- from Psalm 118
Lord, I am trying to prepare for your coming but as usual, I don't seem to be making much progress. I am trying to focus on doing as you asked earlier and take you with me each day. i am also trying to remember to spend some time with you each morning before I go about my daily chores, and light my advent wreath to remind me of the season.
Please help me with my preparations so that you might feel welcome, in my home and in my heart when you come. Lord, I want to love you as much as you love me. Please show me how. Please teach me obedience and discipline. Help me to always focus on you.
Please forgive me for my past lapses and trespasses against those I love and those I do not love so much. Help me to see all as your children and to treat them as I would treat you.
Lord, like Mary, I give you my Yes! Yes! Yes!


Sweet Child of Mine,
I do love you so very much. Do not feat to love. Do not fear to do what I may ask of you. I am with you and I will give you whatever you need to gtet it done. Go forth bravely and rejoice for I am coming!

No comments: