Friday, December 31, 2010

On the Cusp of a New Year, Dec. 31

"The Word of God became flesh and dwelt among us. To those who accepted him he gave the power to become the children of God" Jn 1:14a, 12a

A nice buck deer on my walking route
 Here it is, Lord, the end of the year. I have failed so often to live up to my expectations and I hope that you will forgive me for my failures. Please inspire me to greater accomplishments for your Glory. Help me to become a better person and a more obedient servant.
Guide me each day.
I give you thanks and praise for all the favors you have bestowed on me. Your goodness has preserved me until now. I offer you all my thoughts, all my words, all my actions, together will all the trials I may undergo today. Please animate them with your Divine Love that they might serve your greater glory. I make this morning offering in union with the Divine Intentions of our Lord Jesus Christ who offers himself daily in the sacrifice of the Mass and in union with Mary, his virgin Mother and our Mother. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord.

That is such a wonderful prayer, Lord. It's one I learned many years ago and I truly delight to give you each day. Sometimes I forget or do not take the time, and on those days, I generally suffer from the lack of preparation for our day's work. Give me work this day to do for you, My Lord and My King. 
Help me to do your will not only today but each day of the new year.

My Child,
Leave all your failures of the past year on the doorstep of the New Year. Do not carry the weight of those failures with you into the new year, but leave them with me, confident that I have dealt with each one of them. I have forgiven you for the failures and granted you the grace to carry on, despite the failure to do My Will always in all things. I love that you are inspired to do this and will grant you ever more and more grace to achieve your heart's desire. I am your heart's desire and I am delighted that you are pleased to recognize this, after many years of looking elsewhere for it. Go in peace, knowing that I love you and care for you. You are precious to me.
 

No comments: