Wednesday, December 01, 2010

St. Andrew, Advent 2010, day 3

"Brothers and Sisters: If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10: 9,10
Shelter on the Island

Good Evening my Lord and my Savior,
I give you thanks and praise for all the blessings poured out on me this day. I especially thank you for St. Andrew, one of the Apostles who passed the Word down about Jesus. Because St. Andrew passed down his knowledge of You, I am able to be saved. St. Andrew also was the person who brought his brother, Simon Peter to You and saved him.
So thank you for the blessing of St. Andrew and all he did to share in Your Life and Glory.
Thank you  also for the blessing of catching the break in the water line before damage was done. As it was, we had a mess to clean up, but no real damage. Thank you, Lord for that.
It seems, Lord, that I accomplish so little these days. I want all my work to be done for you and I want to do great things for you, but I seem to barely get through my daily chores. How am I able to accomplish great things for you when I am just barely able to get through doing the things you have given me to do in my daily life? How can I do more for you?

My Child,
It is not great things I want done for me, it is your everyday things that I want done in, with and through me. I so cherished the small things in life when I lived on earth. Take joy in each thing you do and give it to me to be blessed in some way for someone and you are doing "great" things for me. You should read St. Therese's "Little Way" book someday. She loved me in all the little ways of her life and accomplished great things. So stop focusing on doing great things and take joy in doing the little things for me. You are precious to me and your everyday life is precious to me. Use it for me as I instruct you and let me deal with how "great" it is.  

No comments: