Thursday, December 04, 2008

A Wintery Advent Day

Winter
Although this picture was taken last March, the weather here has been pretty wintry. Last winter was long, cold and very snowy. We rely so much on the snow pack that accumulates in the mountains for our summer activities, including growing hay to feed the animals that ultimately feed us.
Many people complain about winter, but if we didn't have it, we could have no summer and the water necessary for our lifestyles.
I thank you, my Lord and my God for the snow you send to us. Please send us as much as we need to survive the coming summer and I thank you for your bounty. You are an awesome God and know what we need so much better than we know it ourselves.
I went to the doctor with my friend Pat on Tuesday. She is concerned about an increased tendency to forgetfulness and dementia. I pray for her that it is something that can be addressed medically.
As we prepare for your coming, Lord, so many people are already celebrating what they think of as the "holiday season." I will strive to let them know, in all I say and do, that this is Advent, a time of preparation for your coming and that the Christmas season doesn't begin until Dec. 25 and lasts until the Feast of Epiphany.
It is difficult, though, because as a business owner we are obliged to support the local community activities, most of which involve lights and decorations for the "holiday season," rather than a more subdued preparation time.
So, while we must prepare for Your coming, we must also do some decorating and celebrating. I hope you don't mind and that I don't lose sight of the "reason for the season."
My child--
My followers must be strong enough to stand against the tide of secularism overrunning your country. You must find a way to express your belief that this is a time of preparation, similar to Lent, and that undue and excessive celebrating and merrymaking should be reserved until the coming of the King. Pray much for the guidance of my Holy Spirit in this matter and He will guide you as to what you should do and say. Do not be afraid to stand against the tide. My Spirit is strong to help you when you wish to stand against anything not according to my Will.
Go forth now and think of some way that you may resist the impulse to begin celebrating Christmas before the Feast of the Nativity. Do not be afraid. I love you and will guide you.

No comments: