Saturday, December 20, 2008

Winter arrives

Winter Arrives
Although this picture is from last winter, today's weather looks very similar. The temperature is below zero without the wind chill factor. With wind chill, it's probably -10 right now. The wind is making it bitterly cold, but it's winter and it's acting like a "normal" one again.
For so many years, we have had a drought and not much snow or cold, so it's nice to again have the snow and cold. The extreme cold does a number of things that, not surprisingly, are important to the ecosystem.
On to other things--Lord, two nights ago you roused me from my sleep to say my prayers and meditate on your coming. Before you completely rousted me out of bed, I had a half-waking vision of what it is you want to give me and it brought me such joy that I could not have stayed in bed if I wanted to. It was a delightful vision of the friend you wish me to have in you and to be to you and others. I arose with delight and joy to do as you asked me and said my prayers and was so anxious to start the day and do your will.
I did not interpret it correctly, however, and the way I expected the vision to be manifested did not happen, but the sense of joy I was left with did not diminish and I will truly be yours forever. I pray that I may someday fill you with such joy as you have allowed me to experience.
Thank you, my Lord and God for coming among us as a human and for showing us how life is supposed to be lived. Please bless me with what I need to do your will and to show my joy to others.
Dear sweet child--
Of course you bring me joy, especially when you arise from your warm bed to get up and pray because you hearing me ask it of you. I wish you would pay more attention to me so that you could be so obedient all the time. That is the gift I wish from you, a better and more perfect obedience. You will truly experience joy and delight at what happens when you are so obedient and I wish to give you that joy and delight in return. So, please try to pay more attention to my wishes throughout the day and to do as I ask you. Go in peace, my love.

No comments: