Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving and the beginning of Advent

Majestic Colorado Rockies
I took this while we were in Colorado visiting the kids over the Thanksgiving holiday. On Friday, we visited the famous Mt. Lindo which is home to the cross you can see on the mountain sides above Denver. It also is home to a cemetery which I had no idea about and it is quite astounding, both in the view...as you can see...and in the peacefulness that accompanies being at 10,000 feet.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I do thank you my Lord and God for the wonderful family you have given me. You have blessed me mightily. Thank you for seeing my son safely home from Iraq for his two week leave and thank you for seeing my daughter and her family safey through the crazy holiday traffic.
You are an awesome God and I love you and thank you for so many things. Help me to get back into my routine, especially now that Advent has begun. I would like to give you something special. What would you like, my God? How can I repay you for all you have done for me?
My sweet one--
You are precious to me. I wish you would speak of me more to your family. I know they see you and your faith as a strength and if you would remember to speak to them of how you feel about me, I would dearly love it. It would give me a opening to be more active in their lives. I know you are saddened that they have chosen to not be active in their faith. Keep on praying for them and speak to them of me and we will see if we can bring them back into the fold.
As to what I would like you to do for Advent...I would like you to do whatever you would like to do as long as you do it consistently. Speak to me, read of me, pray...do anything that you would like to do in this time of preparation for my coming, but do it in a consistent manner, not hit and miss as you so often do. I love you. Go in peace, sweet child.

No comments: