Friday, April 07, 2017

Whispers of War

Today, the U. S. fired missiles at an airbase in Syria in retaliation for the chemical bomb unleashed by someone upon Syrian people.
Some allege that the was unleashed upon civilians by the Syrian leader himself.

More than 80 people were killed in this atrocity.

I am so sad that this has happened.


Although there are many who claim the attack today was necessary and just, it seems like an empty gesture, something designed merely to show that our current president is not as feckless as the last U.S. president.

Yes, the missile attack today damaged the airbase and hopefully the chemical weapon depot as well. Perhaps that will be enough to discourage further attacks but I don’t know if it will because it purposefully was designed not to kill people.

I certainly do not wish for more people to be killed in this ugly war, but how do you stop a despot like the Syrisn leader by merely damaging his airfield? Will he not find a way to continue to lash out against anyone within reach?

Oh, my Lord Jesus. I pray for all the innocent people in Syria and the whole Middle East. I ask for your protection for them from all the forces of war arranged against them.
Lord, protect the world. I know we do not deserve your Mercy but I pray You will be merciful. Lord, spare us from your judgment. Amen.

No comments: