Monday, April 03, 2017

Sadness and loss

Today my good friend heard from her son that his wife had lost her baby of 6 months. 
She didn't feel any movement from the 6 month baby she was expecting. A trip to the hospital and an ultrasound revealed that the child had died in the womb.
To make it worse, they now have to induce labor to deliver the dead baby.
Oh, my Sweet Jesus. How I long for the time when you will wipe the tears from our eyes. I don't know if events such as this will cease to happen, but knowing that God loves us and will mourn our loss, as You do now, is sweet solace for such sad times.
We are called to suffer during our sojourn here on earth. If we are blessed with the grace to offer it up for the salvation of souls, it becomes bearable.
But telling someone who is grieving that is often very difficult. And I think I lack tact in trying to comfort people with the "offer it up" mantra.
Lord, please bless my friend and her son and wife with your sweet comfort and solace. Let their pain somehow mean something and let their sorrow comfort another suffering soul. 
Please use this sad situation to help them find their way to You. Amen.




No comments: