Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Resurrection of Our Lord

The gift you gave me so many years ago on Easter, sweet Jesus was the following verse: John 17:20-21

20 “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you sent me." NIV
You renewed that gift on this Easter, my Lord and I am so delighted and filled with Easter joy. Thank you, thank you.
Oh, the sweetness of knowing Your love us so much that You want to be one with us. How incredible this is, my Lord. 
I was stewing about an insult that You and I both also received this day by someone we both love-my daughter. 
She has been resisting Your love for her for some time. Today she was trying to give away a gift I gave her..the book "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young.
As I was praying for her and also seeking Your mercy for those who have held fast to the faith, the intentions specified for the third day of the Divine Mercy novena, I was filled with peace and joy.
You will give me the answers I must bequeath to my daughter and the grace to speak as You would speak to her. Thank you, sweet Jesus.
It was about this time that You granted to me the remembrance of our past Easters and renewed the commitment we have to love one another in You. You gave me the sign You have ever given to me when reminding me of this promise.
It is such a sweet gift my Jesus. Thank you. Thank you.

 

No comments: